2.03.2007

Ixtapa Getaway

X and I are traveling seperately. He has a conference to attend. I attended the same event with him last year and had a great time. I would love to go back and visit Amsterdam in the summer time. However, I've been wanting to get away to somewhere warm. My girlfriend, Rebecca and I jetted down to Ixtapa yesterday. We stayed at Las Brisas last night - in a Grand Deluxe room for $215/night plus taxes. Though we got a deal by booking with the hotel directly (the big 3 online agencies would have charged us $268/night plus taxes), I found the resort to be overpriced for Mexico. I rate it a 4 star and would have preferred to pay less. We dined at Las Brisas II, an outdoor resturant set right into the cliffs and the meal was excellent, though on the expensive side for Mexico ($130 for 2 people with wine). But we've found paradise in the form of Hacienda Eden in Troncones. We arrived here this afternoon and it's spectacular - a bargain at $85/night. We had lunch at The Burro Burracho ("Drunken Burro") - ceviche, guacamole & shrimp/mushroom quesadillas with a soulfoul pico de gallo. The tomatoes and avocados were ripe and the seafood was super fresh.

No comments: